Have you ever considered becoming a web designer? The job is rewarding in many ways, but how much do these professionals make? As with any profession, the answer depends on experience and the region where you live. But there are some general trends in web design salary that can give you an idea of what to expect if you pursue a career in this field.
Table of Contents
What factors determine a web designer’s salary?
The amount of money that web designers earn varies depending on several factors. These include:
- Location: Web designers living in cities with higher costs of living tend to command higher salaries than those living in more affordable areas.
- Experience: Professionals with more experience typically command higher salaries than their entry-level counterparts.
- Education level: Earners with advanced degrees such as Bachelors or Masters Degrees usually have higher earning potential than those without these qualifications.
- Type of employer: Web designers who work for large companies often make more than those who freelance or work for smaller firms.
- Type of contract: Permanent employees usually make more money than freelancers or contractors.
How much does the average web designer make?
According to PayScale, the median annual salary for web designers is $54,000 per year (as of February 2021). However, this range can vary significantly based on individual factors such as location, experience level and type of employer. Entry-level web designers typically make closer to $35,000 per year while experienced professionals may earn upwards of $90,000 annually.
What is the job outlook for web designers?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that employment opportunities for web developers will grow by 8% between 2019 and 2029 — faster than the average growth rate among all occupations. This figure could be even higher if businesses continue to shift their operations online due to the COVID-19 pandemic; however, it’s still too early to tell what long-term effects this will have on the industry.
What resources are available for aspiring web designers?
Conclusion on the web designer job outlook
Becoming a successful web designer requires hard work and determination — but it can also be an incredibly rewarding career path if you’re passionate about technology and design. By understanding key elements like expected salaries and job outlooks ahead of time, aspiring professionals can set realistic goals before embarking on their journey towards becoming a proficient coder/designer!